Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ahhh...life

Well, life has been a little busy lately. More like A LOT busy. This semester is kickin' my butt and it just started! :( Wahaha boo hoo. Anyways......as I drove home from work last night, I was thinking about all of the crap that I had to do....."Eww" was the only phrase I could think of to describe it. As I was thinking, my husband calls and explains that he is taking a break from work to head home and start cooking some dinner-YES!!! One thing checked off my list! Thank you husband. So, I get home, enjoy a fabulous meal that I didn't make :) and then it's back to work for the hubs. :( As my husband leaves, I look around and see by backpack calling to me "you have a paper to write, two GIANT chapters to read, and a quiz to take tonight...you better get started" Then I see (and smell) the disgusting pile of dishes in our sink...the dishes didn't have to call to me...the aroma enveloped the entire basement. Meanwhile, my body is telling me "get on the elliptical you big tub of goo!" And this my friends...this is the moment where I said "NO!" And it was liberating. I'm NOT doing homework right now. I'm NOT doing the dishes. I'm NOT going to exercise!...I'm going to make sugar cookies!!! :) So I did. And this was the fabulous reslut of my decision. Sugar cookies with four different flavors of icing to choose from. Blue-vanilla, pink-strawberry, purple-raspberry, and yellow-pineapple. Possibly the best decision ever made??? I think so.
So I made my cookies, devoured several of them, took some to share with my family, had a nice de-stressing discussion with my Mother-in-law, came home, and THEN tackled my homework. Did I have to stay up later than anticipated to finish my homework? Yes. Did I get the dishes done? No. (they'll be the first thing I do when I get home, trust me :)) Was it worth it? YES!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ashley! That's what I'm doing right now (only not making cookies cuz I suck at making cookies) but the principle is the same. Good luck with your semester!

    ReplyDelete