Monday, January 4, 2010

Ellis Island

After seeing the Statue of Liberty, we took the ferry over to Ellis Island. It was neat to see where all of the immigrants came through.

These pictures are boring, but I thought the light fixtures they had were so cool. I love the "old" look of the light bulbs.



This was so neat....scroll down to see




I thought that this was neat too. They had a tree that listed a bunch of words that we use in America today that were brought from different countires. It was cool to see where the words originated from. Some examples: "Pumpkin" is from France and "buckaroo" is Spanish.

I LOVED this ceiling. So detailed.

This is the room where the immigrants would stand for hours and hours waiting to be examined to see of they could be admitted into the country.

Carlie, me and Megs.

No comments:

Post a Comment