Our little miss Roo is 18 months old! She has grown so much, and has the most fun, feisty, sweet personality. Here's a bit about 18 month old Wren:
- Her sleep situation has improved a lot, but she still has those bad nights. We've recently put a night light in her room, and that has seemed to help.
- We've been slowly transitioning away from the bottle, and this has proven to make nights/nap time hard. We finally just stopped using bottles altogether, and her stubbornness is coming through! Haha. As of late, whenever we hand her a sippy cup, she takes one look at it and just chucks it across the room in disgust.
- She has a temper. (See above, haha). We try really hard to not give in to her tantrums, but it is really hard not to laugh. She throws major fits (throwing her head back, kicking and screaming over seemingly insignificant things ALL THE TIME). Sometimes we have to just look at each other and laugh.
- She knows a lot of words, and has clearly learned everything through imitation. She will watch your lips very closely when you speak, and will undoubtedly repeat the last word you say each time. "Hi Roo"... "Roo" "Should we get dressed?"... "Dressed" "Sit down to eat."..."eat". It's such a little thing, but it makes my heart melt all day long.
- She absolutely adores Trey and wants to do everything with him. They don't always play very well (learning to share is hard, haha), but it's been fun to watch their relationship grow. They play with hot wheels cars a lot, and she loves it.
- She loves loves LOVES her baby dolls. They are by far her favorite toy. She constantly walks around with them "shushing" them and putting them down for naps.
- We read to her each night before bed and she always asks for more. "book....book..." We have a few touch and feel books, so she assumes that every book is, and always touches the page and looks up at me like "What is this supposed to be? These all feel the same!"
Wren has us laughing everyday. We joke a lot that she is a little stinker, but she really brings us so much joy. We love you Wren, Roo, Roo Bear, Roo Babe.