Wren is getting so big and it's breaking this mama's heart. At 8 months....
- She has never been a great sleeper, but at the moment she loathes it! She has been battling cold after cold for the past few weeks and her sleep has pretty much become nonexistent. Poor thing. Back are the days of getting up several times a night. She typically goes down at 8:00 and wakes up at 12:00, 4:00 and then 7:00....Hoping those 12 hour stretches come back soon! She's also a pretty terrible napper. 20 minutes and she seems to think she's done! It's a good thing she's so cute because she is NOT a happy camper when waking up. We've tried to buckle down on routines and create good sleeping habits, but she's just not having it. It doesn't help that she is the worlds lightest sleeper!
- She has two bottom teeth, and they are pretty much the cutest things ever. I think now that she has teeth, she's convinced that she is ready for big people food, because she has pretty much refused to eat any and all baby food for the past few weeks. She'll have maybe 2-3 spoonfuls and then refuse to open her mouth for anymore. She does however love to gnaw on oranges, crackers, etc. She always stares at Trey while he's eating as if to say "HEY! I want that!"
- She has started to crawl and it's been so fun. She kind of sways back and forth on her tummy to get to where she wants to be.
- She can sit up and likes to just sit and put her toys in and out of buckets.
- She LOVES our phones and is constantly trying to grab them and eat them!
- She learned how to splash and it's all she ever wants to do during her bath. She will get water all over her face and not even flinch. She loves when Trey starts splashing with her and thinks it's the funniest thing in the world.
- She can hold her bottle, but most of the time wants to be held to eat. As always, she would be content being held every waking minute of her life. She loves to snuggle.
- She is pretty happy in the mornings and gives the cutest little smiles. But honestly after that, you'd be pretty hard pressed to get a smile out of her. Haha. We often refer to her as having RBBF (Resting Baby Bitch Face)...it sounds horrible, I know, but it's so true! We love you Wren-a-Roo but you're kind of a cranky pants. Family will often do anything in their power to make her smile and she'll just stare at them with this "Are you kidding?" face and look at us like we're crazy.
- She has the cutest little voice and babbles on and on. She says "dada" quite a bit, but I'm not sure if it means anything to her. My favorite is when she talks to us in the morning. Oftentimes after picking her up out of her crib first thing in the morning she'll babble really REALLY quietly so you can barely hear her. It's so sweet and just melts my heart each time.
- I feel likes shes's grown so much, but strangers will often comment on how small she is for her age. I'm intrigued to see how much she has grown when we take her in for her 9 month check up. Either way, she's perfect!
- She has the thinnest hair ever (maybe even thinner than mine!) and it shoots straight up on top of her head. She has one strand that is about 2-3 inches longer than the rest and I just love it. Her hair is always just a little poof ball and refuses to stay down.
She is so cute and it's been fun to see her little personality come through. We love you Wren-a-Roo! (her most common nickname).