This past month Wren has seemed to grow so much. She's really starting to get a personality, and it's fun to see. She sure is a feisty one, but is adored by pretty much anyone who knows her. Here's Wren at 11 months:
- Your hair.....THAT hair. We all love it so much. She has far more hair than Trey did at this age, which is fun. It's got a mind of it's own, though. It's wild and likes to stay wild. It's super, SUPER fine and strawberry blonde. No amount of gel can get it to stay down. Those super fine strands love to just do their thing and it makes us laugh every day.
- We've had a rough time with sleep lately, but I think we're finally getting better. We've started her bedtime routine a little earlier and that has seemed to help. She goes down at about 7:30, usually only gets up once to eat, and then up again at 7:30. Can't complain! She really, REALLY doesn't like waking up and screams the instant she opens her eyes. It's really sad, and I wish I knew what was causing it. I think she just doesn't like being alone. Poor Roo.
- She has started imitating us. She loves to click her tongue at us and grins wider and wider when we copy her and then she copies us.
- She has started doing this evil laugh/shout thing that just has us in giggle fits all of the time. It sounds like "ha HA!" She laughs super loud and her face is so expressive when she does it. We can't help but imitate her when she does it.
- She spent most of this month learning to pull herself up and walk around furniture. Now that she knows how, it's ALL she wants to do. She got brave this week and started walking with the walker. She loves it and is so proud of herself. Her stubborn personality shines through when she hits into something and falls, or runs out of room. She throws herself on the floor and throws some major temper tantrums! We love her, but hoo boy, she's got a temper. Haha.
- She's been eating much better since being over colds and whatnot. She only really eats one "meal" a day along with her bottles. Her favorite by far is mangos. Most of the time she'll just have a few bites here and there, but she'll gobble up mangos. She also loves chedda1r goldfish crackers. Who doesn't?
- We've recently started reading books with her and she loves them. She always uses her pointer finger to carefully point to everything on the page and babbles as she does: "uhda???? Babu???"
- She has several dolls and loves to sit and examine their eyes and eyelashes. It's kind of weird, but she is just so fascinated by them.
- She has started to show that she knows when she's doing something wrong. She'll turn around and look at you with this mischievous grin as if to say "I know I'm not supposed to do this, but I'm going to anyway.
She's our little Roo Bear, and we love her so much!