One of these days, I will do a "whole family" update on the blog, but today is not one of those days. :) Trey turned 7 months old this week and I figured I would actually get his 7 month post on the blog ON TIME, and not 3 weeks later like I've been doing in the past. The sweet little babe just went down for a nap: blog time it is!
- Trey is truly a delight. He makes mornings so pleasant. And that's a lot coming from me because I HATE mornings. I was just telling Dave that Trey has been so good for me because he FORCES me to get up and be ready to start the day. Before he came, I would typically still be in bed when Dave left for work and not get up for another hour (I know I'm lazy)...Since Trey came, I'm usually always up as Dave gets up and Trey gets to see daddy off to work. It's simple, but it's nice to share mornings together as a family. I think it sets the mood for the whole day. ANYWAY...moving on...
- Trey LOVES having blankets by his face. This poses problems at night and during naps because he INSISTS on covering his face with a blanket. Can you say suffocation!? It's pretty interesting because Dave does this as well. He has to have his entire head covered with a blanket and then he'll leave a little hole to breath out of. Unfortunately, I don't trust that Trey knows quite how to do that. ;) So every night, we watch him on the monitor and when he falls asleep, I tip toe into his room and uncover his face. :)
- He has found his new favorite toy: door stoppers. He played with one for 30 minutes the other day. He loves the sound they make and thinks they are the most fascinating things in the world.
- He likes to sit in his high chair and play with toys, I think he likes being able to sit up and seeing everything that is going on. He CAN sit up on his own, but refuses to. He's on the move so much, that we hardly ever see him just sitting up.
- He crawls! FAST! He went from this little scoot to full on crawling in a matter of days. Because of this, he is into EVERYTHING. If he wants something, he'll get it. :)
- Still smiles and babbles to himself all the time. He's discovered his tongue and constantly sticks it out to blow bubbles and make noises. It's pretty much the cutest thing ever. :)
- Says "da-da" pretty well. No "ma-ma" yet! :) Which is pretty interesting to me since he has taking quite the liking to me lately. He's turning into a momma's boy, and I'm not quite sure what to do about it.
- He's very fond of family, but is not too keen of strangers, and HATES big crowds of people. Thankfully, he still likes daycare and hasn't cried yet when I leave. I'm crossing my fingers it stays that way!
- Sleeps great at night (7:30-7:30) and takes small naps throughout the day.
- Loves his food! He even will eat peas now! :) There really isn't anything that he won't eat (baby food that is). We're waiting to give him finger foods when he gets a few teeth.
He's the best little boy and we love him dearly. Each new stage is so fun but he's getting TOO BIG! He's closer to one year old now and it breaks my heart. It's true what they say. It goes too fast! We love you Treyby! (We call him Treyby more than "Trey")...Poor kid is going to be so confused as he gets older...won't even know what his real name is. ;)