Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Ten Things Tuesday 11/1/11

1.  There are certain songs that are permanently imprinted on my brain to think of a certain situation or person when heard.  I'm not quite sure why this works, but as soon as I hear certain songs, I immediately think of someone.  The following songs will remind me of someone (not all the same person, of course):
  • Yellowcard- Ocean Avenue
  • Blink 182- All The Small Things
  • William Fitzsimmons- Beautiful Girl
  • Dashboard Confessional- Hands Down (Acoustic Version)
  • Pretty much anything by Jack's Mannequin
  • Snow Patrol- Light Up
  • George Michael- Father Figure
Clearly, most all of these songs are from my junior high and high school years.  :)  Obviously, I'm not going to say who they remind me of because that would be weird.  But, I will say that anytime I hear anything by Jimmy Eat World, I think of my husband, and I love that.  :)

2.  Last week, as I was driving from school to work, I noticed three people were pulled over within a 1 mile distance.  Wowzers...it's definitely not the time to be speeding.  Geez!

3.  I started teaching 6th grade last week.  As I was asking one of my students to turn her homework in, she responded by saying "I'm not done with it, but I'll just copy so and so's."  My cooperating teacher overheard what she said and responded with "Why don't you ask Mrs. Bland what happens to people who cheat in college."  So I told her that if you cheat in college, you get kicked out of school and it can be really hard to come back.  She looked up at me and with the serious most terrified voice ever responded with "They don't give you a warning!?"  Haha, I had to restrain my laughter.  It was awesome. 

4.  My blow dryer died last week, so I ended up styling my hair in a wet, loose bun on top of my head.  I got more compliments on my hair that day than I have in the last year.  WHY?!  Why WHY WHY do I get compliments on the days that I put the least amount of effort into myself? 

5.  Beyond Glaze has the worst customer service of any food related establishment I have ever seen.  Ugh...the story is too long for the blog, but suffice to say that I was not impressed. 

6.  I can laugh about this now...sort of, but at the time, it was horrendously annoying.  So, last Tuesday was my second day teaching 6th grade.  I wake up feeling disgustingly sick, but know that I have to teach anyway.  So, I get ready, and start to drive myself to class...only to puke all over myself and the car on the way.  Lovely.  Obviously, I didn't make it to class on time.  Woof...what a morning that was. 

7.  My sister is awesome and helped me clean my puke covered car.  Now that's sisterly love right there.

8.  It's November.  What the what!?

9.  Dave and I celebrated Halloween in style last night by spending the night at Walmart buying groceries.  Then we got real crazy by eating a bowl of not one but TWO different flavors of sherbet!! We're real fun people, let me tell you. 

10.  I'm feeling better about life today than I was last Tuesday.  I'm still feeling a little blue, but I've decided that it's OK to have bad days (or weeks) sometimes.

2 comments:

  1. You better be thinking of me when George Micheals' "Father Figure" comes on... and like the rest of your list too. Number 7 is the best. You know I love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! I totally forgot about that song. And YES, everytime I hear it, I do think of you...and our art class. As much as it sucked to get up at the crack of dawn those Saturday mornings, I have to say, I miss it sometimes. Man, that was a long time ago. Wasn't that your first semester of college??

    ReplyDelete