Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Ten Things Tuesday 11/15/11

1.  It's amazing how much better life can be when you're not sick.  The past week has been ten times better due to the fact that I don't feel like throwing up every ten minutes.  Eww.  I don't know what I had, but I'm glad it's gone.  That's for sure. 

2.  Hot cocoa is positively the most amazing thing at this time of year.  I've had a cup (or two) of the stuff everyday for the past week.  Soooo yummy. 

3.  I've pretty much mentally "checked out" of the semester, which isn't a good thing.  I just can't help it though.  I'm in need of a break. 

4.  I've come to the sad conclusion that 6th grade is not the grade for me to teach.  My teaching experience this semester has not been the best, but at least I know that the older grades are not for me.  Hopefully student teaching will be better, because I'm all tuckered out. 

5.  Dave and I have been on this "eating healthier kick" for the past couple of weeks, and I have to say that I feel great.  BUT, there is no way in heck that I'm going to miss out on all aspects of my Grandmother's Thanksgiving dinner.  I seriously can't stop thinking about it.  Yum. 

6.  Kids these days are so incredibly disrespectful it's disgusting.  I know that sounds super ridiculous coming from me since I'm only 23, but seriously.  I'm not saying I was the perfect child, but my parents placed a HUGE emphasis on being respectful to others (especially adults)...no matter who they were, and I feel like I did. 

7.  Just to branch off the above comment:  Some of the comments from the sixth graders I've been teaching have left me speechless.  I know they're only 12, but the nerve they have outrages me.  Why do kids feel this sense of entitlement!?  I don't understand!

8.  My husband and I are the most sarcastic people ever, I assure you.  I think it's funny how well we go together because of it. 

9.  Example:  Every week day, and I mean every day, Dave walks in the door from his night class and I ask "How did school go?"  He then launches into this elaborate explanation "Oh my gosh Ash, it was awesome, just awesome.  Basically the most fun I've ever had ever!"  etc.  Then we have a really sarcastic conversation based on the ridiculous notion that school is the highlight of our lives right now.  It's so us, and I love it. 

10.  I know I come off as this incredibly bitter, negative, old hag sometimes, but I'm just incredibly sarcastic, and that's how I deal with stress.  :) AND, I'm pretty sure that was one of the worst run-on sentences ever, but I don't really care to re-write it.  So there you go.    

No comments:

Post a Comment