Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Ten Things Tuesday 11/8/11

1.  This week has reaffirmed to me why I dislike winter so much.  It's SOOOOO cold. 

2.  Also, the teacher that I'm working with keeps his classroom freezing.  FREEZING, I tell you!  I'm not exaggerating when I say that it was warmer outside today (at 10 am) than it was in his classroom!  AH! 

3.  Only 4 weeks left this semester (not counting finals week).  I'm getting SO excited!  Eeek!

4.  I should find out the grades and school that I'm student teaching at in about three weeks....double eeek!  :)

5.  I think it's so funny that people get so upset about radio stations playing Christmas music so early.  I'll admit, I feel it's too soon.  BUT, I'd be lying if I said that I hadn't been listening to it the past few days.  I love it, and it makes me happy, so sue me.  :)

6.  I absolutely refuse to put up Christmas decorations until AFTER Thanksgiving though.  Thanksgiving is a holiday too people...and a good one at that!  It's sad how commercialized Christmas has become. 

7.  There is a woman that I work with (sort of, not really...different company...anyway), that absolutely refuses to do her job, which directly affects me and my job performance.  Grrrr.  She's really starting to get under my skin. 

8.  I'm trying some new recipes this week.  Last night was spinach and cheese stuffed portobello mushrooms.  Tonight, we're going to try sweet potato soup.  I hope it turns out! 

9.  My students are infatuated with the fact that I am a Mormon.  I think it's so funny.  That was one of the first things they asked me.  "Mrs. Bland, are you a Mormon?"  Gotta be honest, I didn't see that one coming. 

10.  A few weeks ago, I made the decision that I was going to cut my hair over Christmas break.  Now I don't know if I should.  (And, by cut, I mean take like 10 inches off).  What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Ya, I wouldn't have seen the Mormon questions coming either.

    How long is your hair right now? Ten inches is pretty drastic, and you should donate it if you do cut it off.

    ReplyDelete