Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ten Things Tuesday 10/18/11

1. I have an incredibly annoying cold and it's driving me crazy. Dave said earlier today that he was going to start calling me "sniffles".

2. A few weeks ago, I mentioned how I can listen to practically any type of music. I'm going to have to take that back. Pink, as in the artist, has always annoyed me. I don't know why, but every time I hear one of her songs come on the radio, I let out a loud "ugh" and quickly change the station. There is one good song by her, but it's never played on the radio so that doesn't count.

3. Speaking of artists, I'd be perfectly fine if Lady Gaga disappeared and was never heard from again. OK, we get it; you're "trying" to be different by wearing ridiculous outfits and performing outrageous and explicit acts. You're one goal in life is to push the envelope...it's been pushed enough, so please, just go away.

4. AND, since when did FM 100.3 start playing rap/hip hop songs!? I thought that station was supposed to be family friendly? And trust me, the song that I heard on it this past week was anything BUT family friendly. What is this world coming to?! Good thing I still have my trusty 94.1.  I'm a nerd, I know. 

5. I finished my children's book and it nearly killed me. ;) Not really, but as my husband would say, many hours and hours of sleep were lost unnecessarily. What can I say, when I'm asked to do something, I do it right. And that's why I'm so awesome. :)

6. I start teaching 6th grade next week, and I'm starting to freak out a little bit. I just have to remember that these kids are looking up at me and thinking "Wow, she is so old!" (Do you remember thinking that?) But, as I'm standing up there I'm thinking "OMG, I was in sixth grade like last week! AHHH"

7. Dave's horror stories about his horrible professors make me furious that we are paying U of U so much money for tuition. If you see him, you'll have to ask him how his Finance class is going. Sorry babe. :(

8. I have been so incredibly stressed the past few weeks that my face has turned into an acne amusement park. Nothing makes a woman feel great like a forest of zits on her face. Haha. Oh well.

9. I am absolutely dreading the first snowfall this year. This warm fall weather has been too good to be true.

10. I have Thursday and Friday off from class this week. This break could not have come at a better time.

1 comment: