Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Ten Things Tuesday 10/11/11

1. I don't know what I'm allergic to, but it has to be something that I am always exposed to. I sneeze every day, multiple times a day. And this has been going on for as long as I can remember. It's weird.

2. I absolutely hate the texture of chalk. We had to use chalk for an assignment in class last week and I just about died. I don't know why I dislike it so much, I just do.

3. So, a few weeks ago, I discussed how awesome this fall weather has been, and then October hit, and it's clear that summer is definitely over. It’s so sad and depressing.

4. However, I love fall. I really do. I started burning the "autumn sunset" candle last week and it has been divine. I just wish that I could spend my days wrapped up in 10 different blankets sipping hot chocolate on the couch rather than spending my mornings up at campus. It's too cold up at Weber.

5. I discovered last week that I am a stress eater. I had to go to my parents’ house to gather some stuff for an assignment I was doing. I walked into the house and spent a good five minutes pacing the kitchen talking to my mother about all the "dumb" assignments I had to do, and how overwhelmed I felt. The next thing I know, I look down at an almost empty pan of pumpkin pie pastries that used to be full. I ate four....FOUR pastries without even realizing it. My mother thought it was hilarious. I was shocked. Poor Megan had made them earlier, and now there wasn't even enough for each person in my family to have one! Yeah, kind of embarrassing. I now know to just stay away from the kitchen when I'm stressed.

6. Speaking of pumpkin goodies, I'm fairly certain that my family is cursed. We have horrible luck when it comes to making pumpkin treats. Whenever we're asked to bring pumpkin pie to thanksgiving dinner, something inevitably goes wrong. One year, we forgot about them and they were burned beyond recognition. No pumpkin pie for us. Another year, my brother was taking them out of the oven and burned his arm, causing him to drop the pies, which of course led to their sad little remains scattered all over our kitchen floor. Bottom line, pumpkins don't like us. So, this past weekend when I was making pumpkin cupcakes for my cousins wedding, I was extra cautious. But, the pumpkin gods will not be fooled....

The cupcakes were perfect, just perfect. I had made them from scratch no less! They just needed a few more minutes to bake and then they would be perfection. The timer went off and I was preoccupied with something else, I can't even remember now. So, I asked Carlie to take them out of the oven. And she did, because she's cool like that. But fate was not on her side, and she dropped the pan. Delicious cupcakes soared through the air, landing on our kitchen floor and in the oven. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Carlie yelled. I swear it was in slow motion too. :) Pumpkin gods: 3 Eddy family: 0

Of course, life went on, I made more pumpkin cupcakes and everything turned out ok, but I'll think twice before making pumpkin anything again.

7. As stated above in that ridiculously long story, I made cupcakes for my cousins wedding this weekend. And they were sooooo good. So good. Double chocolate, raspberry lemonade, peanut butter cup, pumpkin maple, chocolate vanilla swirl, and red velvet. Oh yeah.

8. Dave has this week off from school. I don't have this week off from school. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

9. My children's book is due on Friday and it will be weird to be done with it. The amount of time I've spent on that thing is insane. But I really think it will be something to cherish. Even if I'm the only one who will cherish it. :)

10. Grandma's annual Halloween party is this weekend. So excited!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for editing my quote. I didn't, in fact, say "NOOOOOOOO". I said "Oh shhhhhiiiii.." It's funny, I never really noticed the pumpkin past we have, but seriously... pumpkins are not our friends. Keep keeping me entertained Smashley... <3

    ReplyDelete