Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lesson Plans, Cough Drops and Strep...

So, amazingly, my students didn't say anything funny last week.  I was baffled.  Anyway...I've been sick.  AGAIN.  I'm telling you, I have the WORST immune system ever.  

My life as of late consists of writing lesson plans...lots and LOTS of lesson plans.  Student teaching is so straining.  It's like an octopus spreading it's tentacles and squeezing and squeezing all avenues of your life until there's nothing left. 

I've been living off of Cold Eeze for the past week now.  I woke up this morning and had had enough.  I felt awful and just couldn't make it in to the school today.  NOT good.  Missing days during student teaching is highly discouraged.  But alas, it just wasn't going to happen.  I finally just dragged my butt to the doctor only to find out that I have strep.  Lovely. 

On another totally unrelated note, I finally got enough courage to cut my hair, and cut my hair I did.  I'll post pictures later because I'm looking pretty gross at the moment.  Get excited!  

Also, I made myself a paper chain countdown for graduation.  Oh yeah, I went there.
 
If you haven't noticed, I'm still working on this whole "stay positive" thing.  I'll get there...

1 comment:

  1. You have stress induced sickness... I get it all the time when I'm working 70 hours a week. Don't cha know... Can't wait for you to post pics of your new do, because I <3 it to death! I'm also trying to stay positive. Instead of negativity, I'm just in straight up denial. It's working well. Love you my lady... you are the cheese to my macaroni.

    ReplyDelete