Tuesday, December 6, 2011

School is out...Halleluiah!

My fall semester ended at 8:20 this morning, and it was seriously the best feeling ever!  Now I have about three weeks to relax and gear up for student teaching.  I STILL don't know where and what grades I'll be teaching (which is driving me insane)...Espeically since some of my friends from class have received their placements.  I'm not really surprised that I don't have them yet, but I'm still mad about it.  Why give me a deadline of when you're going to have my placement for me if you don't stick to that deadline!?  I wish the faculty would have just told us we'd know at the end of December.  But, I'm going to try my best to forget about that right now becuase school is out and there is relaxing that needs to be done! 

In other news, how about that wind storm eh?  I know this is SO last week, but I've been busy so cut me some slack.  :)  Dave and I didn't sleep at all Wednesday night because of it.  It was SO loud.  We woke up to quite a mess the next morning.     


These two trees are right outside our apartment complex.  The tree above was literally three feet away from hitting the building.  We were so lucky that our building didn't sustain much damage.  We lost quite a bit of shingles, but that was obviously minimal. 

I have to tell you a funny story, even though it's kind of embarrassing.  So, we woke up that morning, and look outside to see these 200 year old trees laying on the ground and the first thing I say is "Oh NO!  My fall wreath was blown off the door!"  Hahaha.  Shows where my priorities are!  In all seriousness though, we're very sad to see these trees go, but are very grateful that our home was safe throughout the storm.  And for those of you who were wondering...yes, I found my wreath.  I was shocked that I was able to find it!  

Since school is out, I'm planning on trying to keep this updateed as much as I can throughout the break, so I won't be doing Ten Things Tuesdays anymore.  As for when school gets going again in January, I'll be lucky if I get on here once a month...there's always wishing.       

No comments:

Post a Comment