Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Ten Things Tuesday 12/13/11

So, I'm reinstating Ten Things Tuesday...for today; or for forever...whatever. It's my blog so I can do stuff like that. 

1.  Being out of school is the best thing ever.  Ever, EVER.  Knowing that I will be done with school forever in less than five months is making me oh so happy.  Masters degree...psh.  Not for me! 

2.  I FINALLY received my student teaching placement this morning.  Obviously, I'm not going to announce to the digital world where I'll be, but I will say that I will be teaching 2nd and 4th grade.  I'm pretty happy about that. 

3.  A few months ago, I discussed my distaste for fresh tomatoes.  I have to take that back.  I don't know what my deal is, but I've seriously had a taste bud makeover.  For the past few weeks, I have put fresh tomatoes on almost anything...sandwiches, salads, crackers, tacos, etc.  So weird, but I love them. 

4.  We keep a few snacks in the office where I work.  I walked in the break room today and saw reduced fat Oreos.  (Can they do that?!)  I was suspicious, but I decided to give them a try.  I was disappointed at first, but of course, I managed to eat four of them.  Oreos always seem to do that to me.  At least they were reduced fat right?  RIGHT?

5.  There's less than two weeks left before Christmas, and I still have six gifts to finish/purchase.  Hmmm...better get going on that!

6.  I've only been done with school for less than a week and I've already screwed up my sleeping cycle.  I am a night person.  I love to stay up really late...and sleep in really late.  Things are going to have to change around here pretty quick if I'm going to survive student teaching. 

7.  Its birthday palooza in my family this week and I've been searching online for some yummy cake recipes to celebrate.  I've decided to make pumpkin cake with caramel-cream cheese frosting and raspberry-white chocolate cream cake.  Don't those sound delicious?!  Here, I'll add some pictures for good measure. 

8.  We've decided to spend New Years in Mesquite and I'm pretty excited about it.  One last hurrah before my last semester!

9.  Dave has three finals to take tomorrow.  What a bummer...  : (

10.  My sister Megan is turning 18 this week and it's seriously weirding me out.  Megan?  18?  What!?  I'm starting to feel so old.  I'm still cool though...right Megs? 

No comments:

Post a Comment