Wednesday, August 10, 2011

North Shore Hawaiian Ice

We got gym memberships last night at the Bountiful Rec Center.  On our way out, we saw a snow cone shack, and decided to try it out.  (Probabaly not a good thing, because now I'm going to have to get a snow cone everytime I go to the gym...just a little counter productive).  But, this is no ordinary snow cone.  It's Hawaiian shaved ice...and it's awesome.  When we pulled up, we noticed a woman walking away with her snow cone and chuckled becuase it was seriously the size of a basketball.  I had to laugh and remarked "Wow.  She REALLY likes her snow cones."  Little did I know, it was a regular sized snow cone.  Becuase when Dave ordered a medium blue raspberry, this is what we got.....


Dave was beside himself...


I ordered a small for obvious reasons. 

 And it was still ginormous. 


They were soooooo good.  Softest ice i've ever had. They're kind of pricey, ranging from $2.50-$4.50, but it's worth it, and makes for a lovely date night at the park.  :) 

 I had no trouble finishing mine (of course), but most of Dave's ended up in the grass. :) 

So, if you're hot and in need of a yummy treat, go to the Hawaiian Ice shack in the Bountiful Rec Center's parking lot.  It will not disappoint.  Just order a small...trust me.  :) 

1 comment:

  1. Hawaiian Shaved Ice is very delicious! I might have to swing by next time I'm in Bountiful.

    ReplyDelete