Tuesday, November 3, 2009

One hurdle down...only about a thousand more to go!

So, this semester has been pretty crazy and I have spent a lot of my time on a huge project for my Teaching Elementary Health Education class. I had to prepare and give a 45 minute lesson plan to my class (who had to pretend to be a group of Elementary students). I was SO worried about this assignment becasue I had never given such a LONG presentation before. I spent countless hours preparing handouts, figuring out what to do for my bulletin board, and just making sure that I had enough planned to fill up the entire 45 minutes. It was my turn to teach the class last night and can I just say....IT WAS AWESOME!! I cannot wait to become a teacher! I was so worried about it going well, but everything just went so smoothly and I felt so great about it! (I know I sound like I'm tooting my own horn here, I was just really happy about it). If you know me at all, you know that I have worked really hard on doing well in school this semester and it just makes me happy to see the hard work pay off. Anyway....I just had to share that it went well so when I have to give another one, I can look back at this post and know that "YES! I CAN do this!!"

This is a picture of me in front of my Bulletin Board. My lesson was on Self-Esteem and Self-Worth. Please ignore my cheesy grin (I was REALLY excited) and my gross hair. :)

1 comment:

  1. congrats on a job well done! I'm sure you will be an amazing teacher

    ReplyDelete