Tuesday, December 7, 2010

School is out, and life can go on.

I finished up with my finals yesterday, and am happy to report that I passed all of my classes!  (Even my Math class)!  I've been dreaming of the end of this semester, and I'm so happy that it is over.  This hasn't been my best semester, so I'm just glad to be done with it.  I have three semester's left before I graduate, so I'm getting pretty excited. 

The past few months have been pretty stressful around here.  One thing I have learned about myself is that I am very good at over exerting myself. :) I gave myself way too many responsibilities this semester and it really affected my school work, relationships, health, and just my overall demeanor.  I re-read this quote recently and realized that there is much for me to learn about trying to "do it all". 

"We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us. We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something. We have to learn to be content with what we are."
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley
 
What a wonderful thing to be reminded of.  I think I'll start my New Year's resolution early this year and try to simplify my life a little.  
 
I've had to make some hard decisions in the past few months and I can't say that I'm exactly happy with the results.  But, I've learned that what will be, will be, and life will go on.  The new year is going to bring some huge changes with it (no, we are not pregnant) :), and we're excited to see what life has in store for us.  For now, we're going to sit back and relax, and enjoy the few weeks that we have off from school.  (That is, when Dave finishes-His finals are next week).  Enjoy your holiday season everyone!  I know I will! 

As always, I hate posts with no pictures.  Please enjoy this recent photo of two of my best friends. 

The love Megan has for Brewer is shocking.
(If you know Megan at all, you know why).   

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. That picture. IS HILARIOUS! Brewer looks suicidal. haha

    ReplyDelete