Friday, March 27, 2009

Baby Shower Cake

We had a baby shower for our neighbor last night and Megan and I made this cake for it. This was my first tiered cake as well as my first cake using fondant. It didn't turn out as well as well as I had hoped it would, but it was ok. I still need a little practice. There are a few tears and folds in the fondant, but I thought it was pretty good for a first try. Can you tell that I am a perfectionist? (: Thanks to Megan for all the help! Next up.... a two tier birthday cake for a girl in my ward next week. Her mother saw this cake last night and wanted me to make her one for her daughters birthday! Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Ashley-you outdid yourself. You are amazing! I love it. For a shower we had on Friday, a girl made a diaper cake. I just think this cake is darling.

    ReplyDelete