Wren is such a sweetheart and an amazing baby. Everyone always comments on how calm and sweet she is. Wren loves to be loved. It's as simple as that. She loves to be talked to and snuggled.
At four months....
- Started sleeping 10-12 hour stretches! WOO!!! We start her bedtime routine at around 8:00 and she is usually down by 8:30-9:00. We still swaddle her, but she sleeps great and usually doesn't wake up until 7:30 the following morning!
- She is so happy in the morning and loves to be talked to. She smiles so much and we love it! Sometimes you really have to work for those smiles, but they are worth it!
- She's started reaching for things and concentrates so hard on grabbing and holding on to things. It's really sad because she gets visibly frustrated and angry when she can't do something. Once she get's a hold of something she'll hold on for dear life and never let go as if to say "AHA!! I got ya!" She stares it down with such concentration and then gets really mad when she lets go and can't reach it again. Haha. I think she was born with my patience (or lack thereof) for things that are difficult for her.
- She's getting better at tummy time and is getting really strong. She has no desire to roll over though.
- She still despises the car (at least when it's not moving) and we avoid drive thru's at all costs because of it.
- She's starting to get more vocal which is so fun. She likes to squeal and make shouting noises. Haha. That's the best way I can describe it. When she cries, she makes an audible "mama" sound, so I'm counting it as her first word. ;)
- She still loves the bath and loves to furiously kick her legs and splash.
We comment a lot on how good of a baby she is. She is adored by so many and we just can't get enough of her. We think back on her first few days so much and are so grateful for the strong, sweet little girl she is now! What a difference four months makes!