Sunday, February 22, 2015

10 Month Old Trey


Trey is 10 months old and it's becoming clear to me that he is not going to be a baby for much longer.  He looks so much like a little boy, and it just breaks my heart!  What happened to my baby?  

Here's a glance at Trey's 10th month:

  • He was still recovering from RSV for most of the month (sick babies are the worst).  Thankfully, he's seemed to be recovering from that nasty cough, and has been able to sleep through the night for the past week because of it.  :)
  • He pretty much slept exclusively in his swing for the past month due to the aforementioned cough.  I pretty much owe my sanity to that swing.  I was worried that he would have a hard time transitioning back to his crib, but he's done great!  Such an awesome baby.
  • He is SO inquisitive.  He's always been this way, but now that he is so mobile, it's much more pronounced.  He looks and studies everything so intently.  He loves shirt buttons and stares and pokes at them like they are the most fascinating things he's ever seen.  
  • He still loves anything electronic and loves buttons that glow like the TV, printer, phones, etc.  
  • He can walk with his walker and it's the cutest thing ever.  He's so proud of himself.
  • He crawls...fast.  He pulls himself up and onto anything he can find.  He used to be so cautious and deliberate and now he's a little dare devil.  I'm pretty sure he's going to give me a heart attack one of these days.  Which brings me to my next point...
  • He got his first boo boo, and it was awful.  He fell into a chair and split his head open.  We ended up having to take him in and have the wound glued shut.  I felt so awful about it, but was assured that he would have many accidents to come.  (Thanks...I guess?)  :)
  • He is an awesome napper for pretty much the first time in his life.  He takes two 1 and a half to 2 hour naps a day.  It's so nice because he is so happy because of it.  He's always been such a pleasant little boy (after his first few months that is)...but I can really tell a difference between "got a good nap Trey" and "missed nap Trey".  :)
  • He is very vocal and makes so many different sounds.  He's really discovered his tongue lately and likes to make clicking noises.  His favorite things to say are "da-da" and "ma-ma"..naturally. 
  • He has a temper when he doesn't get his way and thankfully hasn't shown it often.  But hoo-boy, we're in for it.  We're trying to not give in to his screams of protest now, but boy is it hard.  I just want him to be happy, but I don't want a brat of a child either.  :) 
  • Loves food and gets mad when he can't have what we're eating.  We're sticking to just pureed baby foods for the most part.  He'll eat anything we give him.  He loves the cereal puffs because it's something that he can feed himself. 
  • No teeth yet, but we noticed two coming in on the bottom just the other day.  I'm sure they'll break through soon.  Finally!  We were starting to think he didn't have any!  ;) 
I can't believe it's almost been a year.  We love you little Treyby.















No comments:

Post a Comment