Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chess Cake




Yesterday we celebrated Adam, Austin and my Dads birthdays. Here is the cake that we made to celebrate. This cake was the most frustrating cake I have EVER made. (mind you, I had only slept for about four hours the night before and I was up until about midnight the night after trying to finish it). No sleep for Ash=choice words said to the cake. Funny story actually. I was trying to cover the HUGE cake with fondant and it just kept ripping! I was getting so frustrated with it, that I swore at my cake. (don't judge me. I can't be the first person to swear at a cake.) Dave must have thought it was pretty funny because after I swore at it this is what he said "hahahaha, Ash, I don't want to hear you complain about me swearing at my computer games anymore. You just swore at a pastry dish!" I have to admit, after hearing this I stood back and had a good laugh at myself. Ahh, I love my husband. He's always there to make me laugh. Anyways, with the help of my amazing family, the cake was finished! Many thanks to Mom, Megan, and my hubby for helping to get it finished. I owe you. I came up with the idea for this cake months ago so I was so glad that it turned out. And, most importantly, everyone loved it! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment